What do you believe happens after death? No, I really want you to think about this because honestly few people have a solid belief. We generally never even think or talk about death, although it worries every one of us, and is a fear amongst many in life because we don’t really know what happens, and that is a mystery we will solve only when we die.
We don’t like talking about death for some reason… It is such a taboo topic, and even the most religious people among us don’t like talking about it. We end up living our whole lives without ever coming to terms with our inevitable death.
Instead, we come up with theories on what we think will happen. We create stories about heaven and hell. We believe when we die we go to God’s kingdom for some sort of judgment to see if we deem worthy enough to enter into heaven, and if we aren’t, we go to hell.
Another belief among some is that when you die, that’s it, game over. There is nothing waiting on the other side but darkness, but you are still conscious, and so you spend the rest of Eternity this way. Many people are afraid that when they die they will be locked in a dark room forever with nothing but their own irrational thoughts.
I dunno about you here, but neither of those beliefs really had me all that convinced. What’s the point of living a good life, and being a great person, if when I died that was it: game over? Life to me seemed far too marvelous for that to be the case. Sure I liked the idea of heaven, who wouldn’t? But then why was I on Earth now? Surely this couldn’t be the very first time I had lived, but with that specific belief, you get one life and that was it, then you would meet God and be judged on how well you did in this single lifetime.
However, I didn’t think that was right either, after all, I knew way too much for this to be my first and only time alive. I am what some would call an old soul, and this became clear to me at a young age when I was wise beyond my years. I just knew stuff that even the adults didn’t know, and I also knew that there was more to life than what I was being told, I was seeking for answers from a very young age. I took it upon myself to figure out what I found truth in, and in doing so I formed a pretty solid belief in what I think happens after death.
During my searching I discovered reincarnation. Which is the belief that when you die, your soul cannot be destroyed, and will carry on in the cycle of birth and death over and over again until it has accomplished and learned everything it needs to, and then it will move on to a new world to learn a whole new set of lessons. Your soul is basically evolving, just like humanity is, and it takes many lifetimes in order to complete this cycle.
The first time I heard about reincarnation, it was an AHA moment for me. I just knew that it was the truth, or at least it was true to my own soul. It just made the most sense, and it was the most positive outlook to have on life. This isn’t your one and only life, you come back multiple times, which would explain my constant wondering as to why some people were clearly more advanced than others.
Reincarnation was like a missing piece to the puzzle, and when I discovered it, everything else in my life started coming together. It became my mission to use this life to grow and evolve as much as possible knowing that when I died it wasn’t game over like so many had led me to believe.
Reincarnation is the most widely accepted belief in the world, with most its believers in the East. It is now becoming more accepted in the West, and I have a sneaking suspicion that science will one day prove it as true, after all, reincarnation now has numerous scientific studies on the topic, which suggests that our consciousness does not die with the body but stays for a while even when the body is pronounced dead, before leaving to somewhere else. (Where it goes after that is up for debate and I don’t think our human minds can fully understand this concept at this present time, afterall, life is a mystery.)
There are also children who seem to remember great details about their past life that they would not be able to recall unless it was true. Countless stories spread the internet of people (not only children) that remember accurate details about their previous lives, stating details such as names, addresses, what they did for a living and even how they died. One little boy told his parents he was murdered and he even brought them to his old house, his parents talked to the owners of the house who verified everything the little boy had said.
“Reincarnation is in fact paralleled by science. The first law of thermodynamics tells us energy cannot be created or destroyed.”
Buddhism believes in reincarnation saying that a soul will come back time and time again until all lessons are learned and once enlightenment is achieved in the physical form, then the soul can finally exit the birth and death cycle and live in heaven (Nirvana).
I would like to share with you now, some of my thoughts about reincarnation. These are all my own personal opinions on the subject, and I have no real proof that any of this is true, but this is just what I have discovered through my own journey, and it might lighten the path for you on your own journey through life. This belief in reincarnation certainly gave me hope.
- I truly do believe in reincarnation, and I have for a very long time now. No one would be able to change my mind on this one because it is such a firm belief that I consider it to be the absolute truth as to what happens when we take our final breath.
- I believe that when we die, we realize that life was just a play or a dream and that none of it mattered apart from the effect we had on other people. I believe that when you die, you do get a life in review and when you experience this, you also experience how you made everyone else feel that you encountered along your journey of life. This alone would be either very satisfying to someone who led a good life and helped out a lot of people, but it would be opposite to anyone who harmed others and lived a life of injustice. This includes mistreatment of animals and anything that is a conscious form of life for that matter.
- I believe that we get to choose our lives, based on the lessons we need to work on. I consider life is about learning/ experiencing and evolving where through time, we learn who and what we are through the countless experiences and lives here on Earth.
- However, I don’t believe we always come back to planet Earth. Have you ever looked up at the night sky and felt a sense of homesickness, even though you were already “home”? Well, I have… All my life I have been looking up at the stars wishing to go home, even though I have no idea where home is… I just felt out of place here on Earth, as I think a lot of human’s feel.
- With that being said, I don’t think Earth is the only planet we incarnate on, and there are millions and millions of other planets, all with different lessons to learn and experiences to have. On some planets, we are born with a full memory of who we are, (unlike Earth where we forget our origins) and we can live a lot longer on other planets than a human being on Earth would. (Although, human beings are designed to live a hell of a lot longer than the current lifespan, and that is due to the poisoning of our bodies with chemicals in our foods, and other toxins such as alcohol we willingly consume. Some of the great masters of Earth were said to live well past 1000 years old, just to give you an idea of how long human beings were made to last.
- I believe that we all decided to come to earth at this current time period. I believe we all came here with a mission, and that mission is for us to remember, however, we forget who we are and what we came here to do because when we incarnate on Earth, we suffer severe amnesia causing us to forget our past lives. (Planet Earth is said to be a very challenging planet to live on for this reason in particular) But our past lives don’t serve us, and it would likely just confuse us more if we were to remember them.
- I believe that if we all remembered who we were, the world would be a totally different place full of love, kindness, and joy. As I write this, people are waking up all over the world, and remembering again who they are. This means a great change is coming to Earth, humanity is remembering who they are and what they are capable of, they are also seeing what is wrong with the way the world is run, and these are the people who are going to change the planet.
- I believe that within the next 10 years, we will see massive changes to the way things on Earth are currently handled. I believe people are stepping up to the plate daily to change themselves, thus changing the world. We all have tremendous potential and you can do anything we want, but you must first choose yourself. Make your self-growth a priority, and watch how your life unfolds, and how many lives you change in the process.
- I believe when all of humanity wakes up to who they truly are, there will be a great shift on this planet. It has already begun, and things are starting to change. Great things are happening right now on planet Earth, and the next years will see tremendous change for our beautiful planet.
So now, put aside your skepticism and try to keep an open mind, but what if reincarnation were in fact real? What if you had hundreds and hundreds of lives here on Earth and countless more lives on other planets, but depending on where you are at in your soul evolution, you may be coming back to earth many, many more times yet.
I want you to imagine for a moment, that you died, and when you died you were now a free-spirit, a soul that is no longer attached to your physical body free of all pain and limitations. You could have anything you desired in the blink of an eye, every thought you had instantly manifested. You could travel the galaxies, and transcend space and time with ease. You could go into the past, and revisit old memories, and you could go into the future and see what’s in store for you.
You always will have free will, and so you can decide at any point that you want to experience life again, because isn’t that what this is about anyways, experiencing all life has to offer? Usually, we cannot wait to return to Earth for another go, its a grand adventure coming here! So you choose/design another life to live and down to earth you go again to be born again as a baby and to live a brand new life as a brand new person. A life that you created for yourself before you came down to earth, whether you remember that or not when you arrive. But, yes you are the creator of your life whether you believe that or not.
Isn’t that a much more compelling theory compared to when you die you will be judged on all your faults and sent to a place for eternity to either suffer in pain and torture or to be pampered in the lap of luxury. I don’t know about you, but neither of those sounds overly fulfilling, especially the first one… Living in luxury would be a nice vacation, but to stay there for eternity wouldn’t seem very enjoyable to me, and I feel I would get bored fast.
Let’s imagine that you are dead again, you just died in an accident and are now looking at your mangled car from above. Do you think you will even consider your house, or the current state of your bank account, or the car you drove to work for all those years?
No. You won’t. You’ll be thinking about your family. Your kids, your parents, your wife or husband. You wont even care about yourself anymore, because you will finally realize that your life is eternal, and the ego doesn’t exist in the afterlife. So you will thank your body for being your vehicle on earth, and release it.
You don’t need your body anymore, now you can go anywhere you want, so imagine you are now flying up towards the heavens, flying as high and as fast as you wish. You are all knowing, and you remember who you are again. You remember all your past lives and relish in the memories. Time is endless.
You get to the end of Earth’s atmosphere, and you stare down at this big blue planet. You hear her crying in agony as she’s being destroyed by none other than humans themselves, and in a flash, you are reminded of all the things you did in your past life to help destroy her. All the mistreatment you unknowingly caused to Mother Earth, you will feel. Everything you choose to ignore when you were alive will be reminded to you, and you will feel all the pain you caused to every living being on earth.
You will know that in a short time, you will have to return to Earth for a new mission and that you will vow to help fix mother earth, and help the children of earth. You see the bigger picture, and you realize that life is not about you, it is about how you treat other living beings, it is about the effect you had on others.
What if this were the truth, and this was really what you experienced when you died? How would you change your actions now? Because this doesn’t have to happen, we still have time. We can change the planet, one effort at a time. It doesn’t matter, because even a small step in the right direction, is better than a step in the wrong direction, or no steps in any direction.
Some actions to improve your own life, and help the earth at the same time!
-Read more. Reading opens up a whole new world.
-Quit eating meat & dairy: Read My thoughts on Veganism
-Don’t drink so much alcohol as it impairs the mind
-Educate yourself on issues and topics that you feel interested in
-Excercise frequently because without health you cant do much
-Meditate daily because it will remind you who you really are
-Work on discovering yourself each day: Read The Journey to Self-Discovery
-Take an online class or learn a new skill
-Help others genuinely and kindly. The golden rule…
I hope you enjoyed reading about reincarnation, and while I am not sure still if this is the truth because well I haven’t died yet, I have built my entire life around believing that when I die, I will get to reincarnate and enjoy another exciting life with its many lessons and experiences. This belief has removed my fear of dying, which is inevitably something we are all fearful of, and removing that fear alone, removes the fear of almost everything else, which in turn allows you to live a life completely free from worry/ fear.
Suppose reincarnation was in fact completely true, what kind of Earth would you want to return to?
And what are you doing today to improve it and more importantly, what are you doing to improve yourself?
With Love and Light
Other posts you might enjoy!