“To live is the rarest thing in the world,
most people exist and that is all”
In reality, we can all be extraordinary. Every single one of us has the potential to live an extraordinary life. The key here is to really understand that being extraordinary is nothing more than making the choice to do so. It all comes down to you and realizing that you are much more than you think you are, and you are capable of so much more than you give yourself credit for.
“Overcome the notion that you must be regular.
It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary”
It is really not difficult to live an extraordinary life, most of us sit around and look at all the successful people in life with envy and we desire the same thing for ourselves, but when it comes to actually figuring out how to do it we tend to throw in the towel before we even begin, tossing our dreams in life down the drain at the same time.
The answer to this question is unbelievably simple, it starts with you taking one small step at a time all the while believing in yourself until you reach your goals in life.
I have already started on this journey myself, and I have been at it for a little under two years, and I have to say that the journey has been amazing. I have no idea when I will reach my dream life, and that doesn’t even bother me because I know I will when the time is right. During my journey though, I have learned some things (I am always learning and growing) and I wish to share with you what I have found to help.
In this quote, Lao Tzu is trying to express that great things start from humble beginnings…
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”
These are some of the steps I have used myself, and I recommend you to start using yourself. They are meant to get you outside of your comfort zones so that you can be all that you were meant to be. Here they are:
Here they are:
1. Dreaming- First and foremost you must find out what your dream life even is, because how can you ever achieve something if you don’t know what you are aiming for. Your dream also has to be big enough that it scares you. The reason you want to dream big is that when you do reach your dream life and it is a small dream of getting a new car or something, you’ll be kicking yourself for not dreaming bigger. Trust me on this, I’ve seen it happen to a few people now. Whatever it is you are dreaming about is the life that was destined for you, don’t ever give up on your dreams.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream”
2. Learning- All successful people spend years learning how to perfect their craft and develop a mindset destined for success. You must start investing your time and money into learning and growing yourself. If you haven’t read a book in several years, now is the time to start. Invest some of your money on yourself and take a course or a class to learn a new skill. Take up that hobby you have wanted to start doing for years now. If you are serious about living an extraordinary life it won’t just knock at your door one day, you do have to work towards it. It won’t always be easy, but the result will be very worth it.
“The capacity to learn is a gift;
The ability to learn is a skill;
The willingness to learn is a choice”
3. Take action- Sitting on the couch all night daydreaming won’t make your dreams become a reality. Achieving success in life means playing full out. Turn off the Netflix and get off facebook and open up a book. Even doing just 10% more than everyone else will propel you out in front of the pack. Who you are is not limited to what other people are doing, you can choose to do more, and be more.
“The future depends on what you do today”
4. Stretch your comfort Zone- Every single day you should do at least one thing that makes you uncomfortable… I know this is hard for most, but it will change you in ways you can’t even imagine. You are entering a new world, and it may scare you at first, but don’t let that fear prevent you from attaining the dream life that you deserve and desire.
Get out of your comfort zone as much as you can, and watch the magic unfold right before your eyes, you will honestly be mad you didn’t do it sooner.
5. Make sacrifices- Figure out the price that you are willing to pay to achieve your dream life, and know that it may take a while for it to come to you. It is not going to happen in a single day or week, it could very well take years to achieve. The rewards will be worth it, but before you get to the prize you have to go through the “desert.”
Sacrifices of time, money, relationships, comfort levels, character traits, and even material possessions might be needed in order to live the life you have dreamt of.
What is that worth to you? What are you willing to sacrifice today in order to live your dream life tomorrow?
“sacrifice means spending less time on entertainment,
and more time on improving your life and family. ”
6. Take opportunities– Opportunities show up every single day, but more often than not we are not prepared to see them, let alone seize them with reckless abandon. When you start to see new opportunities as a great learning experience you will start to see life differently. Even something like your car breaking down on the side of the road on the way to work may very well be an opportunity to meet someone new or learn how to change a tire. You never know when a life-changing opportunity will present itself, so be prepared to see all of them like they will, and watch your life unfold.
“Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, ‘What’s in it for me?’ “
7. Interacting with others- Learning people skills is probably, in my opinion, one of the best ways you can spend your time. Reading books like “how to win friends and influence people” gave me a new found sense of confidence when approaching and talking to people. You really cannot have success in life without helping and sharing with others along the way. Spend time learning how to effectively communicate with others, do it in front of the mirror if you have to. The pay off will be worth it. Focus on building authentic relationships and what I can do to help you, rather than how you can help me. Begin to treat people with genuine kindness and appreciation and see how your life will unfold, people will want to help you when you are in need. Learning people skills has been by far the best skill I have learned to date.
“You can make more friends in two months by becoming really interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you. Which is just another way of saying that the way to make a friend is to be one.”
8. Living with passion– You’ll start spending your days excited about life and your future. You will become full of love, enthusiasm, and gratitude. You begin to be the light that helps others find the way to their own dreams. You are no longer a Debby downer, but instead are full of positivity and happiness, and you become a magnet attracting similar people, events, and opportunities for you. This is the point where your life starts to “take off” and you are heading full speed ahead towards the life of your dreams. But remember, it’s not about the destination but the journey, so don’t forget to enjoy the entire ride!
Here are a few of my other blog posts that you might enjoy 🙂